Here is my list of the top 10 movies of the 1980s, ranked from first to last just because it would look weird to have an upside down list. Each film will get the individual attention it deserves here on Nonstop 80s, if I haven't already reviewed it in an earlier post.
1) Aliens - For my money the best movie ever made.
2) Blade Runner - A very close second in the BMEM department and the high water mark to date for Ridley Scott.
3) Raging Bull - When the Scorcese/DeNiro pairing meant something special. Brutal but poetic.
4) Out of Africa - An expansive, nuanced romance about the fleeting nature of things. Redford's last great role.
5) Brazil - We're all in this together! (sort of).
6) The Right Stuff - The most famous are rarely the most deserving.
7) The Naked Gun - It's still laugh out loud funny.
8) The Empire Strikes Back - The best of all the Star Wars films.
9) Amadeus - Very occasionally the most famous are the most deserving, and it drives them nuts.
10) The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Lives come together and fall apart amid the Prague Spring.
There you have it. My top 10 movies of the 80s.